Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Note from Kris

Last night after Bible Study, we introduced the ladies to the FLO Blog. The FLO Ministry team took turns explaining our vision for this branch of the ministry. I am not sure that we all made much sense…we are SO excited to be able to share our faith with more women that we could EVER reach through our Wednesday night Bible Study. So let me try again by sharing my heart’s desire for you, dear reader.

My desire to be involved in Women’s Ministry was born out of the realization that I am not the only woman who has been lost- literally, figuratively, physically, and spiritually. I am not the only woman who has been in a valley so deep and dark that I honestly thought I was going to die. I am not the only woman that has put on the mask of “everything is just fine” when I was so burdened that I could not breathe. I found a way out of that valley. I was “found” in every possible sense of the word. My brokenness was healed, my battered heart restored in ways I never dreamed possible.

When I met Christ face to face, I fell deeply and madly in love with Him. He instantly changed my heart and has, over time, changed every single thing about me and who I am. I have absolutely no doubt that if I can just lead you to the feet of your Savior, you too will recognize Him as the lover of your soul. If I can just get you to stop and look at Him, really see Him, spend time at His feet, HE will do the rest. I want you to have what I have. I want you to be completely passionate about our Savior...so much so that they absolutely cannot get enough of Him. Psalm 42:1-2 says “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?” I cannot wait for the day when I am finally in heaven worshiping my Savior!

My deepest desire is for you, dear reader, to know that the creator of the universe is absolutely completely unquestionably in love with you. No matter where you are, no matter where you’ve been…He loves you and wants desperately to restore you, His precious daughter, to your proper place….as a Daughter of the King of Kings.

So, friend, if you have come to FLO broken and battered, know that we are praying for you. We don’t need to know your name…God already knows who you are. Stop for a moment and just rest, knowing that we are lifting you up to the only One who can truly save you….in every sense of the word. If you do want to contact us and want us to pray for you by name, just shoot us an e-mail at
PBC_FLO@yahoo.com at least one of us will reply and all of us will pray for you.

Perhaps, friend, you are not broken and battered. Perhaps you are walking hand in hand with our Savior every day. If so, think of the lowest place you have ever been. GO there. Remember the darkness of your deepest valley. Now think about this: someone you know is there right now. You have made it through that deep dark valley and I want to encourage you to help someone else get through theirs. Psalm 40:10 says “I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.” (NIV) If Christ has saved you, tell others! I hope that this site will encourage you to step out in faith to minister to the hurting women God has placed in your life. We are all on this road together, and I want to challenge you to go to that sister who has been so beaten and battered by life that she is barely crawling down the road, lift her up, dust her off, and lead her to her Savior. If you don’t feel comfortable telling her about Christ and his unimaginable love for her, you can simply lead her here. It is my promise to you that we will do everything we can to lead her to her Savior. You can minister to women you have never met by commenting on the posts…and on other’s comments. Let others know that they are not alone. Sometimes a simple “I needed this today” speaks volumes to the one who thinks everyone has it all together but her.

Hugs!
K