Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Do You Think I'm Beautiful? - Week 2

Last Tuesday we talked about “Beautiful” and the most common responses to it.
If you have not stopped to ponder the concept of “Beautiful” as it applies to you, please do so before we go any farther down this road.
Psalm 45:11 says that the KING is enthralled with your Beauty!

This week we are going to think about the woman God created you to be.
Psalm 139 :13-16 (The Message) says:
Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.

Today I want to touch on a few other questions that Angela asks…..
Who are you really?
What do you like?
What do you long for?

Perhaps your initial answers are like mine….
Who am I? I am a wife and mother
What do I like? Hot dogs, Mac and Cheese, Chicken nuggets, Disney Channel and ESPN
What do I long for? An un-interrupted trip to the bathroom…ALONE

After I stopped and really thought about it, these were NOT such easy questions to answer…

Who am I? I am God’s precious daughter; I am a Mommy and a wife, a daughter, sister, cousin, granddaughter, niece, and friend; I am a teacher; I am a leader; I am a perfectionist (but perfection always seems to be so far out of my reach ….AND I am lazy and become bored easily, which doesn’t help my cause, so I have all but quit trying); I am a pleaser….I very much want to do the “right” thing so that certain people close to me are pleased with me…which often backfires! Ha ha

What do I like? I LIKE to share Christ with the women God puts in my life; I like to sing in my car….really loud; I like honey nut cheerios….dry; I like the color Pink…and white…and green, blue, yellow, brown and red; I like to write; I like to teach; I like to watch Calvin play with our kids; I like to watch Calvin prepare for Sunday’s sermons; I like flowers (not in vases, but growing in dirt, potted or otherwise); I like to stand outside in stormy weather; I like to walk in the woods; I like 80’s music and southern rock along with my contemporary Christian music; I like vegetables; I like having friends over to my house; I like my job at the bank; I like the smell of bleach

What do I long for? More than anything else, I long to see Jesus. I long for the day when I can worship Him in Heaven. I long for the day that I can literally fall at his feet and thank Him for saving my soul. I long for the day when I will stand before Christ and hear Him say “good job kid!” I long for the Day when my sweet Izzy accepts Christ’s gift of Salvation. I long for the day when I will know if anyone came to know Jesus because they knew me; I long to share Christ with the women God has put in my life in such a way that they fall head over heels in Love with Him; I want to make a difference in the lives of the people around me; I want to be a visual example of what it means to be saved by grace and what it means to walk daily with Christ; I want it to matter that I was here; I want to impact people’s lives in such a way that, when I go meet Jesus, there is a huge void where I used to be.

It is so much easier to give superficial answers to questions like “Who are you?”, “What do you like?”, and “What do you long for?”
Please take a moment and search yourself…….
Angela says….
God designed the woman inside you. Become reacquainted with the woman God thought of when He thought of you. It’s time to do a little heart work. You may have to come back to these questions several times after some thought and prayer. Ask God to amaze you with the beauty of your true heart.
Who are you really?
What do you like?
What do you long for?



Hugs!
K