Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Do You Think I'm Beautiful? - Week 3

Last week in Bible study I got stuck on one thing that Angela said in the video.

“There is an empty place inside you that is screaming”

Now, forgive me, I am sure that there was more to the comment. I’m sure that there was a grand illustration followed by a perfect scripture reference. But I got stuck here. I didn’t hear anything else. I jotted it down in the front of my workbook. See, I have known that feeling….and “screaming” is a PERFECT word to describe it!

Dear Reader, do you know that feeling? Is there a place in your soul that is screaming to be filled? Is there a general feeling of unrest…a feeling that there is “something” else that you need…. something always just beyond your grasp? Is there an ache in your heart that will not go away?

Over the next few weeks, we will be talking about “burdens” here on the Blog, and I truly believe that a screaming soul is one of the heaviest burdens to bear. I say this because I have cried with too many women who have tried everything to silence those screams. The consequence of years of looking for “something” is too often a heart full of “nothing”….”empty”, “void”, and “numb” are words I hear the most, followed closely by words like “guilty”, “damaged”, and “used”.

A heart full of nothing is a heavy, heavy burden to bear.

As women, we were created by GOD to desire to be loved in every sense on the word. HE created us to be filled and fulfilled in HIM….in God. It is God who completes us. Sadly, we are separated from our creator because of our inborn sinful nature. God is pure and completely holy and cannot be where sin is, yet our souls “scream” for the connection to God that HE intended when HE created Adam and Eve. The only way to soothe your screaming soul is to rest in the warm embrace of your heavenly Father and allow HIM to call you “Beautiful”, “Beloved”, and “Daughter”….and the only way to the arms of the Father is through the Son. Jesus paid the price for our sin – mine and YOURS – so that the relationship we were intended for could be restored. (If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Savior, we would LOVE to talk to you about Him and the promise of eternity in Heaven! PBC_FLO@yahoo.com)

Dear Reader, if your soul is screaming, Scripture says :

“For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness.” Psalm 107:9

God loves you. He is enthralled with your beauty! He created you to be His beloved Daughter. If your soul is screaming, stop trying to quiet it with friends, food, a man, children, church, community service, and all the rest. They are but sweet tastes of the love you were created for. Your soul is screaming for its Creator…..

Hugs,
K