Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Do You Think I'm Beautiful? - Final Thoughts

The Wednesday Night Ladies Bible Study at Pearson will be wrapping up Angela Thomas' "Do You Think I'm Beautiful?" tomorrow night. We'll not meet the rest of July, but will kick off another great Bible Study in August. I've been thinking, "What do I hope that the Ladies remember from 'Beautiful'? What do I hope they take away from this Bible Study?"
Dear Reader, the Creator of the universe is crazy about you. The Lord God Almighty thinks you are beautiful. He knit you together in you mother's womb. He created your inmost being. He knows your every thought. He knows when you get up and when you lie down. (That and more is found in Psalm 139) He knows every detail of every day and night of your entire life. He chose the color of your eyes, the texture of your hair, and the sound of your voice. You are not a mistake. You are not a failure. No matter where you've been, no matter where you are, no matter where you think you're headed....it is NEVER too late to accept the life HE intends for you....a life with Christ as your guide, a life that is a picture of God's love and Christ's redemption and restoration.
Most times "Good Christian Women" tune out when we start talking about following Christ, but you shouldn't. This message is for you too. Enough with the pressure of being good enough, saying the right things, and being in the right place at the right time. Live in the freedom that is rightfully yours as a Child of the Most High God. Seek HIS face daily. Follow HIS lead. Let HIM be your guide. Stop worrying about what everyone else expects of you. If you decide right now to live every moment of your life to truly absolutely please your Creator, everything else will fall into line for you eventually because your focus will be on HIM and not all the others.
Please pray with me...
Oh GOD! It takes my breath away to think that You who created the mountains and the oceans and the butterflies and flowers and the beauty of creation also created me. It is hard for me to comprehend that the same One who chose the colors of the sunset also chose the color of my eyes. Your word tells me that you "knit me together"....what a tender picture. I wonder what you thought of as you knit me together in my mothers womb. What did you want that tiny baby to become? You know where I am. You know what weighs me down and keeps me from being the woman You dreamed of when You dreamed of me. Help me today to begin living every breath for You. Help me to be the beautiful woman you created.
Amen
I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Hugs!
K