- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- Salt and Pepper
- 24 Inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes (Mom, you'll need to supervise with the skewers)
- 3 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 1/4 cups plain dried bread crumbs
1. Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide strips and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold the chicken strips slightly and wave them onto the skewers.
2. Set burner to medium-high - or if using a grill set to medium high and close the lid - heat until hot.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the oil and the barbecue sauce. Spread the bread crumbs on a sheet of waxed paper. Lightly brush the sauce mixture over the chicken strips and then roll them in the bread crumbs. (Great fun for the kids to do!)
4. Grill or Fry the chicken fingers uncovered until they're no longer pink inside.
5. Serve with dipping sauce of your choice (honey is good!). Serves 6 to 8
FLO Ministry Team