Monday, August 10, 2009

This Little Light of Mine.....

.....I'm gonna let it shine....
That was the basic idea behind our sermon yesterday morning. "Are you shining your light or are you dimming the light in your world?"
Well, it's Monday again and I have a full 5 days of "work week" ahead of me in which to shine...or not.
Another verse of that children's song comes to mind.... " Won't let Satan blow it out. I'm gonna let it shine."
Let's pray
Father God, as I enter another week, let your light shine in me. Let me be a shining example of your love and mercy and grace. Help me to live my life in such a way that I am set apart as Your child. Put a guard on my lips against gossip and hurtful words; and on the tone of my voice so that my words are gentle, uplifting and affirming when I speak. Help my attitude to shine for you. Finally....help me be alert and aware of Satan's schemes and lies so that I don't allow him to cloud my thoughts, darken my attitude, and blow out my light.
Amen
I truly hope that you have a wonderfully amazing week!
Hugs!
K