Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Beautiful Offering - Week 2

Last week we talked about Jesus' promises to us when we are broken and wounded. Jesus promises that when we lay our poor spirit (completely broken, blown into a million pieces) on the altar of God, He will meet us with the Kingdom of Heaven. When our spirit is completely broken, there is more room for God to dwell in us. Jesus promises that when we seek Him in our Mourning (when we are wounded), He will give us the comfort our soul is longing for.

This week we will talk about what Jesus promises those who hunger and thirst for righteousness and what He promises the meek. Angela refers to being meek as coming to God just as you are. "God here I am, you know me and you know what you're getting. It's just me, but you can have all of me and use me as you see fit."

Rather than post a video after the Bible Study on Sunday night, I want to invite you to use the following one to help you prepare for Sunday's lesson. If you want to be filled, you must hunger and thirst for the things of God. If you want to inherit the blessings God has waiting for you, you must offer Him yourself....just you. If you are like me and need a bit of encouragement and a little guidance, allow these words to wash over you. Personalize them. Offer yourself, just as you are, to your Heavenly Father. Let this be your prayer.


Hugs!
K