Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Beautiful Offering

Hi Ladies!

FLO Fall Bible Study starts September 6 and I just cannot wait! I wanted to answer a few questions and give you a feel of what the set up will be for the Fall Session.

* We will not be using a video this session.

* Angela Thomas has a book and a Bible Study titled “A Beautiful Offering”. I am using both to prepare for our group each week.

*You may buy the books at Lifeway or online, but YOU DO NOT NEED THE BOOKS TO ATTEND THE CLASS. The actual Bible study is set up like many we have done in the past. There are 5 days of lessons for you to do on your own before we get together and discuss. Over the years, the most common reason for missing “class” has been “I did not get my lessons completed, so I stayed home”. I have also been told time and time again “I did the entire week’s lessons today at lunch!” After MUCH prayer and consideration, I have decided to structure the session in such a way that you will not need to have had completed the week’s lessons in order to participate. In hopes of removing the stress of getting the lessons completed, I am structuring the “Class” so that you need not have done any prep work. All you will need to do is show up.

* HOWEVER, as will all things spiritual, you will get as much out of it as you put into it and I do suggest that you get the Bible study and or the book for YOURSELF and your personal spiritual growth even though you will be able to participate in the class without them.


* I will send out mid-week e-mails. These e-mails will reiterate the previous week’s discussion and will let you know what we’ll be talking about the next week.

* I’ll be posting a blurb about the study on the FLO blog each week.

* The Study is 6 weeks long, but there will be a week or two when we will not meet because of church-wide functions, so I am planning for the Fall Study to last 8 weeks.

Pleas join us!

Hugs!
K