Thursday, September 17, 2009

HELP! My Life is out of Control!


From time to time, we get an e-mail that hits home with all of us on the ministry team. Since it rings true with all of us, we can only assume that it will ring true to most of you as well. With the permission of the sweet gal who sent the e-mail, and with all specific details removed, we would like to share her e-mail and Christa’s response…just in case you are having one of “those” days.


Ok ladies! I need you guys!

I am assuming I am under attack in the worst way. I feel totally absolutely positively out of control in my life. My house is in disarray, my kids are off the hinges, I am neglecting my body and can’t stop ----- I really feel out of control. Everytime I get one thing in order, something else goes crazy! I feel lost - I feel helpless - I feel beaten down - you name it. Nothing is going the way I want it to go.

So you ask me if I have prayed about it - well guess not my prayer life really isn’t all that right now. I don’t know what is going on - YUCKY that is all it is.

The devil knows how to get to me and he is pouncing on my head.
SEND ADVICE!!
FLO Follower





Dearest FLO Follower,

I’m sitting here racking my brain trying to think of some something to tell you that will help it…like some novel idea or some great and amazing something to tell you. I can’t think of anything, so I’m just going to resort to what I know.


If you are like me, when you are under attack, the very last thing you have the strength to do is to pray on your own behalf. I know one thing, the Bible says in Romans 8:26-27 in the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. SO, even when we can’t pray, the Holy Spirit is praying for us. He is groaning on our behalf…I like to think of it as he’s literally feeling our pain and our struggle WITH us. He knows even better what it is that we need. We can trust in that fact.

One thing I’d tell you to do right now….BE STILL and KNOW THAT HE IS GOD.

Just be still. ...

Breathe. ...

Count your breaths. ...

Sit back and just think about that fact that God loves you....

You are his delight….

you are His pride and joy…

He’s preparing a home for YOU. ...

He’s in control.

No matter how out of sorts you feel, HE’S IN CONTROL OF THINGS and you can trust in that fact. His will is being accomplished. It hurts, it doesn’t feel good, it’s messy, it’s hard, it seems unfair, but it’s working together for a greater purpose. Sit back and give Him all the crazy out of control stuff that is driving you nuts. He wants you to need Him and you very desperately do today. Let Him meet with you today. Let Him be close to you and all that takes is willingness on your part. You tell the devil to get back…make him say, oh No! she’s back and I’m not going to get control of her! Even if you have to utter Jesus’ name…the Bible says that Satan trembles at the VERY MENTION of HIS name (I have cold chills typing this). You take hold to the friend that’s closer to you than any of your family, than any of your friends, than even your husband, the one who loves you immeasurably!

I Corinthians 14:33 says For God is not the author of confusion but of PEACE!

II Corinthians 10:5 says we demolish arguments and every pretention that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take CAPTIVE EVERY THOUGHT to make it obedient to Christ.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Psalm 55:22 – Cast you cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall

Dear Lord, thank you so much for my dear friend. Now God, you know she is defeated. You knew this before her feet ever hit the floor this morning. You knew what kind of day she would have. BUT GOD, THANK YOU for the wonderful reminder that You are in control!!! Please allow her to have peace. Make it easy for her to give all this stuff over to you. Help her to keep the main thing the main thing in her life, and we know that that’s you, dear Lord. Right now I specifically pray for strength for her. I pray that you’d help her to mentally place one foot in front of the other. Help her not to allow Satan to get any attention or to distract her any longer. He thinks he has a chance, but as long as she keeps her eyes on You, he doesn’t. We’re coming to her defense and we’re pointing her to YOU, almighty Father! Please give her the strength to take a deep breath, dust herself off and pick herself up out of the dust and dirt of this world. Give her wisdom. Help her see her body through YOUR eyes, because you were the one who created her. Draw her ever so close! Help her to feel your very breath on her shoulder. Love her big, Lord. She needs you today! We ask these things in your precious son’s name, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, AMEN!

Now, you get mad at the devil and you go to battle! LOVE YOU!!!


Praying for you,

Christa