Friday, December 18, 2009

Disappointment

As I sat at my desk in the daycare center that I run, a teacher brought a child into my office, and she was crying her head off. This little girl is 10 years old and new to the center. As she and I talked, she began telling me all about how the kids were picking on her. They were being ugly, rude and plain out mean. Knowing that I had to reprimand the kid or kids that were doing this, I asked her who it was – Wow! It was one of my very own children.

There are no words to tell you how broken hearted I was. It was like the life was sucked out of me. This is my own child. The one who knows Jesus Christ as her personal Savior. The one I have instilled all my morals and values into. How? Why? What was she thinking? What have I done wrong? Oh my gosh, I am soooo disappointed! I truly cannot breathe.

Wow! Is this how God feels when I tell “a little white lie?” What about when I gossip? What about when I yell at my kids? What about when I doubt God? What about when I put myself above Him? What about when I don’t have a daily talk with Him?

God has given me so much in my life, and I know that I DO NOT always stop and take the time to thank Him. How could I ever allow myself to let Him feel one ounce of the disappointment I have felt this week?

My prayer for everyone is that we remember that God loves us more than we can fathom. He has given us a life more abundant than we deserve. We all need to remember that as God forgives all of our shortcomings, He yearns for us to live a life that is pleasing to Him.

Love in Christ,

Christie