Friday, February 19, 2010

Where Do I Fit In - Week 2

We started February with “Where do I fit in?” and we will be moving from that question to considering that “God has a plan and a purpose for ME?”

Five women are mentioned in the lineage of Christ: Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba and Mary. Interestingly, none of these women had untarnished reputations. Three were not Hebrew by birth. All faced precarious circumstances and were the most unlikely candidates among those who might be used by God to do something great. They were much like you and me. They had failures and flaws, but they also had faith. – Jennifer Rothschild

We will not cover all 5 of these women in depth during FLO Bible Study, but I want to encourage you to do some investigating on your own into their lives. How easy it is for me to say “I can’t”. I am very in tune to what I can’t do. I am very in tune to my short comings. I bet you are too.

Where would we be if Mary, Ruth, Tamar, Rahab, or Bathsheba said “I can’t”?

I believe that God in His infinite knowledge knew that these women, though very aware of their shortcomings, knew to trust HIM and what HE had planned for them. They trusted HIM beyond their circumstances, their history, their…everything….and HE USED THEM. BOY! Did He ever use them?!

I have asked myself this question….Who am I going to trust? Am I going to trust myself and my knowledge of what I can and can’t do or am I going to trust GOD and HIS knowledge of what I can and can’t do? I have decided that I can and SHOULD trust God and what HE has planned for me.

Now, let me ask you….
Who are you going to trust? Are you going to trust your own knowledge of what you can and cannot do or are you going to trust GOD and HIS knowledge of what you can and cannot do?

Can you trust God beyond your current circumstances and your personal history and allow the GOD of all creation to use you? Can you see past “I can’t” to hear your CREATOR say, “You can…I know you can because I MADE YOU FOR THIS!”?

Father God,
Thank you so much for creating me just the way you wanted me to be. Lord, I know that I have made a lot of choices that make me appear different than what you dreamed of when you dreamed of me….or am I really that different than what you expected me to be? Can you still use me? If I can get past “I can’t”….can you use me? If I give you my life….from birth to this moment and let it all go…..can you still use me? If I commit my life from this moment until I see you in Heaven….can you still use me? Help me know that you are near God, let me feel your heartbeat. I need to know that you are with me. Oh God! You know my flaws….am I allowing my past, my shortcomings, my failures, my flaws to keep me from fulfilling the plan you have for me? Am I using my flaws as excuses for not serving you with all my heart? Lord, you know me. You know me better than I know myself. You alone know why I am the way I am. You alone know the big picture of humanity and you alone know what my little part of that picture is. Speak to my heart Lord and help me to see that I am YOURS and that I am created for a plan and a purpose and that you can USE me….help me see that I am not just taking up space and that I am not just a sum of all my mistakes, failures, and bad choices. I want to serve you. I want to know that I have found your plan for my life. Help me get to that point Lord…you above all know that I can’t get there by myself.
Amen


Hugs,
K