Thursday, February 4, 2010

Where Do I Fit In?


My kids love to work puzzles. Right now, we have a ½ completed 750 piece puzzle on our kitchen table called 100 chickens and a worm. Almost everything reminds me of the FLO ladies and this puzzle is no exception. Not because the FLO girls are a bunch of sassy chicks, but because they are all SLIGHTLY different….and it is the DIFFERENCE that is important. I can see how God gifted them, not in their similarities, but in their DIFFERENCES. When working a puzzle, each piece will only “work” in its proper place….the space it was created for. Get a piece in the wrong place and it MIGHT work to fill in an empty spot, but it takes a lot of effort to make it fit, and even then it doesn’t REALLY fit and in the long run it confuses the overall picture.

The same is true for the women in my life. The Lady who has found her spot, her niche, her place, and her purpose tends to be full and fulfilled, excited, and usually at peace. The lady who has discovered her role in God’s plan is content and usually quite pleasant to be around. On the other hand, the Lady who has been forced (or has forced herself) into a spot that she doesn’t fit into…well…..not so pleasant to be around. Scripture speaks of this same concept, using the body as a visual aide….
1 Corinthians 12:12 says, "The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ."

Over the next few weeks we will be asking the question “Where do I fit in?”. God created each of us to be slightly different from everyone else. There are things that my best friends can do REALLY well, that I am TERRIBLE at (like keeping a perfectly clean house), but there are also things that I am a little better at….I think. Anyway, we are going to spend a little time looking at how God gifted us, how our lives have prepared us, among other things. It is my prayer that over the next few weeks, you too will take time to ask God

“Where do I fit in?”

PS, if you EVER think that things would be easier if we were all alike, just go try to put together one of those crazy puzzles where all the pieces are the SAME shape….or where the picture is all the same color……NOT easy……Different is GOOD!

Hugs!
K