Monday, April 19, 2010

From a FLO Member...

Being a part of FLO is absolutely amazing. I have made some of the best friends being a part of this. I have always been in church - mainly playing the role of the preacher's kid, having to be on my best behavior at all times, and knowing what was always expected of me. I have been a Christian for many years, but never felt as though I could serve where I was called, because I always felt like I had to go serve where I was told to serve. Now, church is different for me. I feel more like I am in the body of Christ, rather than on the outside looking in. I now know that I can serve in the areas I am called instead of the areas that I have always been told to serve.

I used to think of myself as just another person, actually more like one that no one really thought about or cared about. I have learned from the FLO Bible studies that I do matter. That God created me and I am beautiful to him. He loves me no matter the decisions I have made. He created me the way I am for a reason. I am not always sure why he did, but he did. Being a part of FLO has allowed me to learn all of these things.

Some of the women in our FLO group have watched me grow from a young child to an adult, and some of the women have only known me for a short time but they are ALL amazing Godly women. They are available when I need some encouragement or a shoulder to cry on. It is nice to know that I am not alone....that there are other women out there that understand my stage in life.

Being a part of FLO has allowed me to use the spiritual gifts that have been given to me by my Heavenly Father. I have learned that I use my gifts in many ways. I teach Sunday School, Worship KidsStyle, as well as some of the FLO craft classes. FLO is one of the high lights of my week.


- Lindsay Brogdon