Monday, June 7, 2010

To: You From: God

"Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware." - I Corinthians 12:1

The Lord wants us to clearly know that He has given every believer spiritual gifts. It's as if He doesn't want to leave us any room to say, "I really would serve You if I could, but I just don't have anything to offer." By the power of the Holy Spirit within us, He has given each one of us unique gifts that enable us to build up the Church and glorify Him.

So what are these gifts?

I Corinthians 12, lists quite a few - administration, giving, helping, teaching, evangelism, and mercy. God gives us each individually a different combination of these spiritual gifts. As we grow in Him, the gifts we have will develop and mature.

God has a plan. His is not willing that any should perish but that all would enjoy a life in Him. God has gifted you with everything you need to serve Him—so trust others will see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. Do it wholeheartedly. Give Him the glory for all He is doing in and through you!

Prayer:

O Lord, the Giver of Gifts, thank you for the gifts you have given me. Help me to recognize my unique gifts so that I can use them wholeheartedly in your service. Amen.

~ Courtesy of Julie Clinton