Monday, July 5, 2010

Day in and Day out

Each time I sit down to the keyboard to write a post, I feel as though I should become someone else. I try to let go of kids, laundry, 40+ hour work weeks, marital joys and woes, cooking dinner, cleaning up after dinner, sweeping and mopping floors, rushing here and there, and all the other things that make up my days and weeks and try to be someone who can offer a word from God.

Today it hit me....the majority of women appreciate a devotional, an explanation of a scripture, or a reminder of what God wants from His people. BUT while these are appreciated, there are numerous other sites with posts written by people much more educated in theology than I where any of us can go at any given time to find out what the Bible means in this or that verse.

God has put many amazing women in my life. Many of them are in our church, more are not. Of all the things I may talk about (or e-mail back and forth about) with any number of these women on any given day, rarely do we have heated debates on theology, nor do they regularly come to me with questions about specific scripture. What we do talk about are kids, marriage, laundry, housework, cooking, working outside the home....and how God wants us to live our lives in the midst of all these things.

All the things I try to separate myself from when I sit at the keyboard are the very things that the women God has put in my life come to me with day in and day out.

This ministry, being a branch of the Ladies Ministry at our church, was born out of the needs of the women in my life and in the lives of the women that serve at Pearson with me. Over and over again, women have made it clear to us that they desire to know more of God, that they want God in the details of their lives, that they want God's will for their lives.

So, while I don't have a degree in theology and I cannot give detailed analysis of every scripture, I do look for God in the details of my days and I do very much want His will for my life. God is very real to me. He shows up in the craziest places (like laundry) and speaks to me in the most amazing ways (like through my husband and kids), and He has proven Himself completely and totally worthy of my trust(even when I do not understand what he's doing). That's what I know, and that's what I'll share. I'll leave the heavy theology up to the pros...ha ha.

I hope that you will continue to visit, and that you will be refreshed and revived during your time here. More than anything, I hope that you will find God in all the crazy places during your days, from laundry baskets to traffic jams, that you will hear Him speak to your heart, and that you will discover over and over again that He is totally and completely worthy of your trust, even when you don't understand what He is doing.

Hugs!
K


Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:7-10




Father God,
Help me to see you in the regular details of my life today. Help me to seek your will in all the decisions I make. Give me words to speak that reflect Your love for those around me. Make me aware of those things I do that do not reflect your love and your ways. I love you Lord and I want to share your love with the people you have placed in my life.
Amen