Monday, August 16, 2010

Ladies Summer Bible Study

2010 Ladies Summer Bible Study
Practicing Basic Spiritual Disciplines
Focus on the Foundational Principals of Christian Living
Charles F. Stanley
Week 9
The Four R's of Spiritual Growth


This lesson is in 4 parts.....


Learning: If God loves me, why do I have to suffer?
Growing: How can I learn from those who are wise??


None of us automatically grows spiritually. Each of us must choose to grow....and we must choose to continue to grow. We must never be satisfied with our current level of spiritual strength. We must always seek to become stringer, more mature, and more effective in the Lord.


2 Peter 3:18 says "Grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
This is now a nice statement of encouragement or support. It is a command from the Lord.


In God's Word, we find 4 keys that are prerequisites to growth, no matter how mature a person may be in the Lord. Today, we'll look at the first one.


Ready to Face Failures

Is there an area of your life where you have experienced repeated failures? Can you point to certain faults that you seem to have had all your life? God has a great desire to see you made whole and will pursue the faults and failures that fragment you and cause you to be dysfunctional, uneasy, or deeply frustrated. He will continue to move against any obstacle that stands in the way of your wholeness or intimacy with Him .



Hebrews 12:1 says Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.



What is the race that has been set before you?

In what areas do you need more endurance?

What sins frequently ensnare you?

What weights are slowing you down?

What will you do this week to get rid of these things?



Father God,
Help me to see the things which weigh me down and keep me from running the race you have set before me. Help me to understand what my Race is, what it is that you want to do through me and help me to enbrace that as the goal for my entire life. Help me Lord, not only to identify the sin or sins which are slowing me down, but create in me a love for you that makes my desire for sinful things pale by comparison. Lord, you know my heart and you know what I am in need of. I love you and I thank you dor loving me.
Amen















"For Ladies Only" is the ladies ministry of Pearson Baptist Church in Pearl Mississippi. Visit our Church website at http://pearsonbaptistchurch.community.officelive.com/default.aspx