Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday Thoughts


Todays thoughts are born out of a conversation I had with a Christian woman not too long ago. Events in her life have left her empty and angry. She has no joy or peace. She believes that "everyone" is against her and she is "negative" in general. She, like so many others, has fallen victim to Satan's lies. So, even though we have dealt with this topic in depth here on the blog and in our Bible Study, I feel compelled to visit it again.


Abundant Life

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10 (NIV)


How would you describe your life? Is it "full"? Most of us learned the verse to say "abundant". IS this how you describe your life? Are you full of Joy, Peace, Patience, Love, Kindness, Gentleness, Faithfulness, Goodness, and Self Control? Or...are you angry, bitter, and short tempered...or do you fall into the numb, empty, and, dare I say it..."Poor Me" category?


There is a huge movement that will tell you to "Name it and Claim it". This goes hand in hand with the "Health and Wealth" movement. While I do NOT believe that God's ultimate desire is for you to be healthy and wealthy (just ask Job), nor do I believe that if you name it and claim it that it will come to pass (Ask Paul about that one), I DO believe that it is possible to have the abundant life that Jesus promises in the midst of any and ALL circumstances and I have learned in my own life that the closer my walk is with God, the more abundant my life is...no matter the circumstances.


You may be sitting there glaring at your monitor and thinking "how dare you! You don't know anything about me!" and that is true. I don't know your story. I don't know your loss. I don't know your hurt. I don't know what keeps you up at night or what events have made you build a nice strong thick wall around yourself to keep everyone at a safe distance.


But I DO know God and I DO know Jesus and I know that God created you and that Jesus died for you and that makes you pretty stinkin special. I know that Jesus' promise of abundant life applies to you, as do the Fruit of the Spirit if you are a Christian... and I know that the promise of Salvation is yours for the taking if you are not. I also know this....


What ever it is that is stealing your joy, what ever it is that has happened to you, that you have done, or that has been done to you is bad enough. It is bad enough that your loved one passed away. It is bad enough that you are sick. It is bad enough that your spouse left. It is bad enough that you were abused. While these things are tragic, the true tragedy is that many many women let these events control the rest of their lives. THAT is tragic and is the true delight of Satan...afterall, He ONLY comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Has he done this to you? Stolen your Joy? Killed your desires? Destroyed your dreams? God does not do these things...only Satan.


Nothing breaks my heart more than to see a woman in bondage. My heart bleeds for women bound in sin and blind to their lost condition, BUT my soul cries out in anguish and frustration for the Christian women who are in bondage to the lie that they cannot live a life of abundance and have a life characterized by the Fruit of the Spirit.


Jesus says that His sheep know His voice. When was the last time you hear Jesus' voice whisper to your heart....or, are you listening to the enemy of your soul who reminds you of all the reasons that you should be miserable? The thief comes to ONLY to steal, kill, and destroy...is this who you re listening to? If so, start listening for the voice of Jesus, the LOVER of your Soul!!!!


Pray with me

Father God, there are times when life seems to overtake me. I know that I have been listening to the enemy's lies and that I SHOULD be able to live the abundant life you have promised. Oh Lord, i DO want that, but I cannot seem to get past ______________. (you fill in the blank) Help me Lord. Speak to my heart and help me to let go of __________________ and let YOU heal my heart. Help me to see my life from YOUR point of view. Help me to see what YOU are doing in my life and in the lives around me. Comfort me so that I can rest. Lord God, __________________ has left a mark on my soul and I hurt. Please Lord, take away the pain and use my hurt to minister to others so that something good can come from ___________________. I want to trust you Lord. I want to believe that You are good and that all your ways are good. Help me to see my life through YOUR eyes so that I can see where you were present in my life during the times when I have been so hurt.

Amen



Hugs!

K



"For Ladies Only" is the ladies ministry of Pearson Baptist Church in Pearl Mississippi.