Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

"Whew! What a day!"
I seem to be saying that a lot lately. Today I am saying it because I MEANT to get this post written last night...then this morning...then at lunch....and here we are at the end of the day.
Oh well. Some days are just like that.
There is another phrase that I have been saying lately that I like much more than "Whew! What a day!" and that is

"I just LOVE it when God shows off!"

I have been blessed to witness the immediate answer to 6 prayers in the past week! How amazing is that! I know that God answers prayers all the time and I know that often we just don't notice, but this week it has been as if God Himself elbowed me in the ribs and winked and said "Hey! Watch this!"

I will share one instance with you because it involves our Ladies Ministry and will not share any confidential info. We scheduled to have a fairly famous lady from our area speak at our Spring Fling event. We'd printed up fliers with her name on them, put something in the church mailing with her name on it, and had moved on to planning the menu and deciding on table decorations. Please understand, I can roll with the punches, but sometimes it takes me a minute to get rolling. It was a definite "punch" when a member of the ministry team called me and said "She's not coming." Something family related had come up and our speaker had backed out. I'm all about family and I understand that family comes first. I really do, but Oh my. Oh my. Oh my. I thought I was going to vomit. What will we do???? I was beside myself. An absolute wreck.

(Imagine God standing beside you....He elbows you in the ribs and winks and says "Watch this")

The next day I was emailing a friend of mine from the Cancer Institute about things totally unrelated to ministry. In closing, I invited her to our Spring Fling (the one without a speaker) and it hit me....her MOM has an AMAZING testimony!
So, I sent an e-mail to Deb and GUESS WHAT!!!!

I'll share the actual e-mail response:

Oh WOW - this is so crazy...I was praying yesterday for God to open a door to use me to show His glory. I don't feel worthy to do this, but I'm always willing to share His love and how He's walked me through so many trials. I'd be honored to do this...let me know the window of time so I can pray and ask God to prepare me, even now. Think about you all the time...love reading your inspirational posts...you, my friend are a blessing to me as well.
Love you BIG...like the world!
Debi

I almost giggle every time I read it.
God is so Good. He had a plan and a purpose all along. (as always)
He answered Deb's heart felt plea to share what He has done in her life and my desperate cry for help all at once.

We do indeed serve an awesome, amazing, loving God.

Hugs!
K


"For Ladies Only" is the ladies ministry of Pearson Baptist Church in Pearl Mississippi.