Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

 
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
and your ways are not My ways.”
This is the Lord’s declaration.
“For as heaven is higher than earth,
so My ways are higher than your ways,
and My thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9
 
 
 
My baby girl does not understand why I make her go to sleep between 8 and 8:30 each night. I know that she will be MISERABLE if she does not get 10 hours of sleep, but she doesn't know that. All she knows is that I am forcing her to do something she doesn't want to do. It really doesn't matter whether she understands it or not. I am going to do what is BEST for her, because I love her...even if it makes her unhappy for about an hour every single night.
 
My teenager often faces a different sort of "unfairness". There are times he is required to "suffer" through things he does not want to do, not because it directly benefits him (like an 8:00 bedtime benefits his sister), but because someone else is bettered for his "suffering". If his "suffering" is outweighed by the blessing someone will receive from what I ask of him, then it is worth it to me for him to suffer a little.
 
I know that God's word says that HE is a PREFECT parent, and I am learning to trust God in all the things I cannot understand....just as my own children are learning to trust me. Sometimes God forces me to do something I don't want to do because it is best for me in the long run. Other times, God allows me to suffer because He intends to use my suffering to bless someone else and they need the blessing more than the suffering will hurt me. 

Sometimes things are just broken...broken bodies, broken hearts, broken dreams, broken relationships...because we live in a fallen, sin-filled world.
 
 
 
Rather than expend my energy trying to understand "why", I am learning to trust that God sees the big picture, He knows what's best, and He promises that all will be made right when we get to heaven.
 
Until then,
Kris
 
 
 
 

"For Ladies Only" is the ladies ministry of Pearson Baptist Church in Pearl Mississippi.