Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tuesday Tips, Trivia, and Tidbits


The Swamp

The word "swamp" brings to mind chomping alligators, muddy water, mosquitoes, humidity, and all sorts of unpleasantries. At least it did for me until I visited one.

Here's a little trivia, just incase you find yourself in a battle of wits with someone over such things...

A SWAMP is a flooded forest.
A MARSH is a flooded meadow.
A BAYOU is a "water road" through a swamp or marsh and is used by boats to navigate them.

Here are some pictures of the swamp I visited, complete with alligators.

 





Save the sound of the boat we were on and the people aboard, it was quiet and still. There were no bugs to speak of (thanks to bug spray I was soaked with, Im sure). The humidity was not as bad as I imagined and the heat was bearable.

All in all, it was a wonderful experience. The swamp is a beautiful, wild place full of all sorts of creatures I have not had opportunity to see up close until now. 

I never cease to be amazed at the diversity of God's Creation.

Have a wonderful Day!
Kris


"For Ladies Only" is the ladies ministry of Pearson Baptist Church in Pearl Mississippi.